Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whiter smile

I am sitting here with a whitening tray in my mouth grumbling incoherently at my children. They think it's funny. We spent the morning at Target  gathering an endless supply of back to school items where I was able to grumble at them more coherently. I noticed other mothers doing the same. Ah, the most wonderful day of the year is almost upon us-- school starts Tuesday. Actually, it has been a pretty good summer. Two of the boys went to a wonderful camp in New Hampshire(camp deerwood) where they spent hours water skiing and shooting guns. Things they definitely wouldn't have been doing at home. Our eldest spent the summer in Ontario at another fabulous camp( Wabun ) paddling 750 miles--all the way to the James Bay. He came home with a gleem in his eye, a spring in his step and a real sense of confidence. Things I am happy to see in any sixteen year old boy. We missed them all but they were certainly exposed to activities for which we would have had neither the time nor inclination. Best of all, S got to be an only child for the first time in her little life. I think she liked it.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog